Tuesday 11 February 2014

An Exclusive Interview With Fast Rising Nollywood Actor - Osita Oluchukwu



In a recent interview with ucmadumere, nollywood actor opens up about his humble beginnings.

Can we meet you?
My name is Osita oluchukwu junior,hail from Ngor Akpala LGA in Imo State. First child of 4.

Has being the first child of your parents been a challenge to you and your career?
Yes its been a very a big challenge,cos most times,then when I had to go for auditions,my parents will tell me to look after my siblings And even when I have to travel for productions they still remind me that I have siblings to take care of.
Being the first has made me to always be at home,I don't go out unless its very important and approved of my parents...funny enough, sometimes I Wished I wasn't the first....(Laughs)
ucmadumere: Indeed you've got a great responsibilty.

How did you get into nollywood?
My journey into the industry was by his special grace(God) that was 2011.I was quite younger and nobody actually believed I will get this far. I remember when I told my parents of my ambition and they where like okay..go on...no problem...you've got our support...but unfortunately
they didn't mean it. They felt I was gonna get over it. Then I started going for auditions and castings,unfortunately for me I didn't get any role cos I was young and they didn't need me...I felt so bad but that didn't stop me from pushing and striving forward  until God sent an angel my way,Mr vincent Anointed picked me and since then things changed.

Do you remember your first official movie?
Oh yes  I do. [Destined to win] :)

How do you describe the role you play in acting?
I really enjoy the my roles I play in movies but I still want something that's gonna make me stretch my muscles....something challenging.

So what has been your driving force?
God...he has really been faithful....

Would you take a role to act as gay?
Hmm.....am an actor.....I might take it or leave it.

 Just Like most other entertainers,have you also had your fair share of media criticism?
Hmmmm not really.

Have you ever considered  other aspects of entertainment like  joining music industry?
Let's keep our fingers crossed...who knows [laughs]

Who have you worked with in the past and who do you intend working with in the nearest future?
I'd love to work with every good actor nollywood has to offer but anyway, I've worked with Pete Edochie, Kenneth Okonkwo, Eddie WatsonEsther Audu, Ken Erics, Chiwetalu Agu, Ebere AguNse Ikpe Etim , Joyce Kalu, Ngozi Ezeonu, Clems Ohameze, Chidi Ihezie, Annie Amatosero,Walter Anga and lots more.

What advice would you give to upcoming entertainers ?

Whatever you're doing,always put God first...be hard working cos it pays...never underestimate yourself cos you are born great!!!

List of movies: My vocation, Destined To Win, Licensed To Kill, Kingdom to Kingdom, Ritual Mothers, Red Mafias, See My Tears, Destiny Child.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this blog.
Get updates via;
BBM: 7F41F298